Just a reminder to claim your Homestead Exemption on your home. You should be able to find all the required info in the links below, but if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me.
You can lower your property taxes by filing your homestead exemption form.
By filing this form, you reduce the taxable amount of your property’s value and thus reduce the amount of taxes you pay in future years. Below, you will find the Homestead exemption form you need to fill out and mail to the Dallas County Tax Assessor’s Office.
▪ Dallas County Homestead Exemption Form 2018 can be filed easily online or you can use their property search tool to locate the Homestead Form (PDF) specific to your property.
▪ Click here to visit the Dallas County Appraisal District Website
▪ You need to file this form only once.
▪ You must file the completed application with all required documentation between January 1st and no later than April 30th.
▪ You must own and live in your home on January 1st of current year to be eligible.
▪ Texas property owners applying for the homestead exemption are required to submit documents indicating their county of residence. [Verify this info on DallasCad.org (PDF)] With the homestead application, homeowners must provide photocopies of the following materials:
- The applicant’s vehicle registration receipt,
- The applicant’s Texas driver’s license or Texas ID Card.
The homestead application, vehicle registration and Texas license/ID card must all have the same address. Applicants who do NOT own a vehicle are required to submit a notarized affidavit certifying that fact and provide a copy of a current utility bill. The address on the utility bill must be the same as the address on the application for the homestead exemption. Filing the homestead form is FREE! Disregard offers from companies saying they will file the homestead form for a fee.
Leave a Reply